Prep 1 hr
Cook 43 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml macadamia nuts, chopped
- 177.44 ml granola-type cereal
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml lemon, rind of, grated
- Combine flour and butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 16 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cup macadamia nuts and cereal.
- Pour over hot crust and spread evenly.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes or until firm in center when touched.
- Remove from oven and partially cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel; beat well.
- Spread over macadamia nut crust. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup macadamia nuts.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Recipe courtesy of Macadamia Nut Festival, Hilo, Big Island HI.