Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I prefer to make cereal for my family which we serve with yoghurt. This is our favourite special treat. Good for brunch with friends. This makes 16 cups and therefore will serve sixteen people or store for use over a week.
- 750 g rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (or less or Splenda)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat germ
- 250 g flaked coconut
- 250 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix oil, honey, vanilla extract in a small saucepan.
- Heat and bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
- Spread mixture onto to two baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake 15 minutes stirring every so often.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container.