1/1 Photo of Macadamia Nut French Toast
FCR Gal's Note:
Another great holiday tradition from my MIL, Linda. We always have this on Christmas morning since it can be made ahead and just popped in the oven while you are opening presents. I think it's yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1Combine first six ingredients, stirring well.
- 2Fit bread slices in a single layer into a lightly greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- 3Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bread once.
- 5The next morning, pour butter into a 15x10x1 jellyroll pan.
- 6Place bread slices in a single layer in pan.
- 7Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with nuts and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 9Garnish with powdered sugar and/or nutmeg.
- 10Serve with maple syrup if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 180.1 mg
- Sodium 527.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g