Recipe by Oolala
Not your ususal stuffing! A Hawaiian taste from "The Sheraton World Cookbook." The book describes this as a moist, nut-flavored dressing to be served on the side of the turkey. You can make it while the turkey rests. Note: Make sure none of your guests have nut allergies before you plan on making this just to be on the safe side.
- 1⁄2 cup turkey drippings
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 quart bread cubes, dry
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced (optional)
- 1 cup turkey giblet stock, room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the turkey drippings into a very large frying pan.
- Saute onions and celery until tender but still slightly crisp.
- Stir bread cubes, macadamia nuts and pineapple. if desired, into the onions and celery.
- Pour over the stock and beaten eggs. Fold in thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve in a warmed casserole.