1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
Recipe from the "Pineapple Grill" in south Florida. These are very tasty crab cakes that can be served as a main course or smaller as an appetizer. Very delicious with the Black Bean Relish. Prep time includes letting the crab mixture and patties sit to meld flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon mccormick's garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2/3 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Pick through the crabmeat to remove any bits of cartilage or shell.
- 2Drain well.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat and the next seven ingredients.
- 4Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes for the flavor to blend.
- 5Place the flour in one bowl, the eggs in another and the bread crumbs mixed with the Macadamia nuts in a third bowl.
- 6Divide the crab mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each into a patty about 1/2 inch thick.
- 7(the mixture is light and will separated but don't despair, keep pressing each patty firmly together).
- 8Dip each patty into the flour to coat.
- 9Next dip into the beaten eggs and then roll carefully in the crumb mixture to cover well.
- 10Place on a plate and allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
- 11In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 12Cook the patties without crowding in the pan until desired browness, turning once.
- 13This may have to be done in batches.
- 14Watch the heat, and reduce if necessary, as the nuts will tend to brown more quickly than the crumbs.
- 15It usually takes about 3 minutes on each side to reach a golden brown and cook through.
- 16Serve with"Black Bean Relish" (recipe posted separately).
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut Crusted Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 419.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
garlic and herb seasoning