Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Originally this recipe came from a Hawaiian Macadamia Nut cookbook. I have tweaked it to my satisfaction and hope that you enjoy it.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut liqueur
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsley chopped macadamia nuts (whole nuts chopped by hand)
- 9 inches deep dish pie crusts, unbaked, with fluted edge
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat three eggs well. Add, in a steady stream, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur and salt. Beat thoroughly at high speed. Fold in macadamia nuts with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a prepared DEEP DISH pie crust.
- Beat remaining egg in a small bowl, with pastry brush; completely coat fluted edge of pie crust with egg. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 20-25 minuets. Top of pie should be a light golden brown in color. Serve warm or cool with lightly sweetened fresh whipped cream.