1/3 Photos of Macadamia Nut, Cranberry, Ginger and White Chocolate Muffins
Elly in Canada's Note:
I love all the ingredients in this recipe and the muffins are delicious! They have become a favourite to bake when I plan a brunch for friends and family. Source: Local newspaper - Charlene Schmitt created these very special muffins that are somewhere between muffin and cookie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/3 cups cake-and-pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- 2Combine dried cranberries, crystallized ginger, brandy or Grand Marnier, and hot water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat egg. Add brown sugar and butter and continue to beat for one minute. Stir in buttermilk.
- 4In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add this mixture all at once to the egg mixture. Stir lightly until combined. Do not over mix.
- 5Fold in white chocolate chips and nuts, along with cranberry and brandy mixture, into the batter. Spoon into muffin cups.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until tops are slightly browned.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut, Cranberry, Ginger and White Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: