Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A little different from the others...using oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs. Very good on salads. Try it with Pineapple Mango Chutney Dipping Sauce for an appetizer. Or cut the recipe in half serve with dipping sauce and fruit paella for a 4 serving main dish.
- 2 cups quick rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Place oatmeal in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Place macadamia nuts in food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not stuck together.
- Add nuts to oatmeal and mix well.
- Add flour, thyme, and Parmesan to mixture, mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter, then dredge breasts in oatmeal mixture until breasts are well-coated.
- In large skillet heat canola oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken in and fry, turning once until crispy and brown, about 4 minutes on each side or just brown and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Just made this for dinner tonight! We just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii and I brought back 5 lbs of macadamia nuts and wanted something to use them for! I had chicken quarters that I had taken out of the freezer, so I used them instead of chicken breasts. I also skipped the frying and baked them. They were VERY tasty!! My 12 year old daughter ate every bit of hers! A keeper! Thanks for the great recipe!
Made this specifically to use with your posted dipping sauce, & you have a winning combo here! This chicken, in my estimation, is much more than just a little different ~ It's a LOT different, & all in a good way! The taste combo of nuts, thyme & cheese was very nice! Many thanks for sharing both recipes! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]