1/1 Photo of Macadamia Nut Caramel Squares
A recipe from "Heavenly Brownies", a book given to me by my Cookbook Swap mate, Jubes. The cookbook is from the UK, which is why European measurements are given. You may easily convert them by using the site I frequent, http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking.htm, and using the weight to volume converter to go from grams or ounces to cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts (115g)
- 10 ounces flour (280g)
- 6 ounces brown sugar (175g)
- 4 ounces butter (115g)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 2Coarsely chop the macadamia nuts. To make the base, beat together the flour, sugar, and butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 30x20 cm/12x8" rectangular baking tin. Sprinkle the macadamia nuts over top.
- 3To make the topping, put the butter and sugar in a saucepan, and stirring constantly, slowly bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then carefully pour the mixture over the macadamia nuts.
- 4Bake for about 20 minutes, until the caramel topping is bubbling. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top. Leave for 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate begins to melt, then using a fork or knife, swirl the chocolate over the top. Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Nut Caramel Squares
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g