Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Here's a popcorn recipe big enough to use for gifting! A little more complicated than the other 2 popcorn recipes I offered.
- 24 cups air popped popcorn (about 1 cup un-popped)
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Place popcorn and macadamia nuts in a large greased roasting pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, stir until melted.
- Stir in butter flavoring.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture; stir until well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on lightly greased aluminum foil to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or place in clear holiday baking bags for gifts.