Recipe by Sherrie-pie
You can use almonds or hazelnuts as an alternative. Also, the rum can be substituted with milk. These brownies can be frozen. From Leith's recipe of the day in the Daily Mail. Note: Test by inserting a skewer into the centre - there should be a little undercooked mixture there. They'll firm up as they cool.
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 110 g chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 170 g caster sugar
- 55 ml dark rum
- 110 g plain flour
- 110 g macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 18oC/350F/gas 4. Grease a 20cm (8in) shallow, square tin and line with a piece of greased greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove and allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and thick. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and the rum.
- Sift the flour and add to the mixture with the nuts. Fold in carefully and thoroughly, using a large metal spoon. Pile into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until the centre is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into small squares to serve.