Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a different dish for vegetarians. Very tasty!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 8 pappadams
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 lemon leaves or 5 bay leaves, split
- Saute onions in butter and oil.
- Cover and sweat slowly-around 20 minutes on low.
- Add garlic, carrots, and ginger and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add all the spices and seasonings, turn up to medium and cook for three minutes.
- Add nuts and stir.
- Add bread crumbs and stock.
- Toss well and remove from heat.
- Dip the poppadams in water to soften and then press into individual ramikins or custard cups.
- Fill each evenly with filling.
- Whip together topping ingredients and top each evenly.
- Place 1 split leaf on each.
- Bake at 350F until golden and set.