Recipe by TasteTester
Yum -- when I'm in the mood for something sweet, I whip up a batch of these cookies. And I love macadamias, so I was glad to find this recipe.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jardry-roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, do not use margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In food processor, pulse nuts until they are finely chopped, or chop by hand. With a mixer, combine butter and vanilla, and mix until smooth, occasionally scraping the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the confectioners' sugar and mix for 2 more minutes. Then add the flour and mix just until combined and the dough holds together. Fold in the macadamia nuts.
- Shape dough by measuring teaspoons into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 20 to 22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool 5 minutes.
- Sift remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar into a pie plate. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar to coat; return to wire rack to cool completely. When cool, gently roll cookies in sugar and then tap very lightly to remove any excess sugar.
- Repeat with remaining dough and sugar. Store cookies in tightly-covered container at room temperature up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 3 months.