Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yet another gem that I found on an online food blog. I've never had granola that tasted like heaven before...but this stuff does. Not the healthiest but I like to have about three tablespoons of it with skim milk or on yogurt for breakfast. Divine!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 350 and coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Combine butter and syrup in saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted, but not boiling. Remove from heat.
- Combine oats, salt, orange zest and nuts in small bowl. Pour in the maple-butter mixture and stir well, coating the oats evenly. Spread thinly on the baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 12 minutes, stirring once or twice as it bakes. Remove after 12 minutes, stir again, and let it sit and cool.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled. The granola keeps well at room temperature.
I love this granola! I use lime zest instead of orange zest and a few more macadamia nuts. It's very rich - a sprinkling on top of plain yogurt is a treat!