Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Connie's recipe from family collection.
Make and share this Macadamia Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and melted
- Place coconut and nuts on a 15x10x1 baking dish. Bake at 350 degree until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
- In large bowl, combine milk and vanilla. Stir in coconut mixture and crushed crackers. Blend well. Beat egg whites until stiff, then gently fold into coconut mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely. When cool, dip cookie bottoms into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper. Refrigerate until set.