Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. I love these cookies and no one will know they are dairy-free! They are baking right now in the oven. Mmmm.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or canola)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 ounces unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 ounces candied ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in bowl.
- In a large bowl beat together oil, sugar, brown sugar, nondairy milk, flaxseeds, and the vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Fold in the flour and mix to moisten. Before completely combined fold in the macadamia nuts and ginger.
- Drop cookies in generous tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Cool and eat!