1 hr 15 mins
This was the million dollar winner a couple of years ago in the Pillsbury Bake-Off in Dallas, Texas. It has a wonderful rich taste. (This was the 1st time a man had won the bake-off.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, preferably low-fat kind
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (20 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 -6 canned pear halves in natural juice, pureed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 9" or 10" springform pan with Pam.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- 4Heat on med-low setting til chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 5In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon and oil until crumbly.
- 6Place pears in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 7In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the cake mix mixture, pears and eggs.
- 8(The rest of the cake is used for the topping.) Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened, then at med speed for 2 minutes.
- 9Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 10Drop chocolate chip mixture by spoonfuls over the batter.
- 11Stir nuts and water into remaining cake mix mixture blending well, and sprinkle over batter.
- 12Bake 45-50 minutes or until top springs back lightly when touched in center.
- 13(Be careful not to overbake or cake will be dry.) Cool 10 minutes.
- 14Remove side of pan and cool.
- 15Combine butterscotch topping and milk in saucepan over med-low heat heat for 3-4 minutes or until well blended, stirring occasionally.
- 16To serve, spoon about 2 tablespoons of warm sauce on to plate and top with wedge of torte.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Fudge Torte
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.1
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 608.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g