Prep 35 mins
Cook 37 mins
This recipe is from the new Taste of Home Chocolate cookbook.If you like chocolate and macadamia nuts you will love this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg,sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine flour,cocoa,coffee,baking powder,baking soda and salt,add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes,remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Topping,combine chocolate chips,cream,sugar,butter and corn syrup in a saucepan,bring to a boil,stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium,cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until slightly thickened,about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in nuts.
- Place cake on serving plate,pour topping over cake.