Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 37 mins
This recipe is from the new Taste of Home Chocolate cookbook.If you like chocolate and macadamia nuts you will love this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg,sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine flour,cocoa,coffee,baking powder,baking soda and salt,add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes,remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Topping,combine chocolate chips,cream,sugar,butter and corn syrup in a saucepan,bring to a boil,stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium,cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until slightly thickened,about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in nuts.
- Place cake on serving plate,pour topping over cake.