Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
This needs to set overnight, then cooks up quickly the next morning. From Taste of Home Magazine
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange bread slices in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour butter into a 15 x 10 inch baking pan. Transfer bread slices to pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.