Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken breasts with cheese macadamia nuts and mango salsa or chutney.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup mango chutney (i like half-and-half) or 1 cup mango salsa (i like half-and-half)
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 lb Fontina cheese
- Use paper towels to dry trimmed chicken breasts.
- Season flour with salt and pepper, ½ tsp curry powder may be added if desired.
- Chop macadamia nuts in blender reserve ¼ for garnish.
- Mix seasoned bread crumbs and macadamia nuts.
- Slice chicken breast to form pocket.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Insert sliced cheese and at least two tbsp of mango salsa in pocket.
- Coat chicken with egg milk mixture.
- Coat with bread crumb nut mixture.
- Let rest for at least five minutes.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Brown both sides of chicken breasts about 3 minutes per side.
- Place pan in 350°F oven to complete cooking about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Use remaining salsa and nuts to garnish before serving.
- May be served with pasta or rice and a green vegetable.
- This dish could be baked if you want to avoid the oil.