1/1 Photo of Macadamia Crusted Salmon With Kahlua Butter Sauce
Found this recipe in our local Tucson newspaper and couldn't resist. It is one of Steve Fallwell's favorites and a frequently requested items. Try it and you'll know why.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pistachios or 1 cup pecans
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (7 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Using a food processor, blend bread crumbs and macadamia nuts.
- 2In separate bowl, crack eggs and beat.
- 3Blend milk into eggs.
- 4Dip each salmon into the flour, coating outside.
- 5Dip coated salmon filet in the egg-wash mixture, and follow by coating the fillet in the bread-crumb/nut mix.
- 6Heat olive oil in saute pan and place fillets in pan.
- 7Saute both sides of fillets, until brown.
- 8Remove fish from pan.
- 9Heat oven to 350 degrees F and place fillets on an oven-proof pan or sheet tray.
- 10Finish cooking salmon in the oven for 2-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- 11To make the sauce: Slowly bring Kahlua to a boil in a pot, being careful not to burn.
- 12Slowly boil and reduce the liquor by about half.
- 13Add the heavy cream, bring to a low rolling boil again and reduce about half.
- 14Remove pot from heat.
- 15Whisk butter into sauce, until melted and thoroughly blended.
- 16Drizzle sauce over the fish fillets.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Crusted Salmon With Kahlua Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.3
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 282.2 mg
- Sodium 467.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 52.9 g