Found this recipe in our local Tucson newspaper and couldn't resist. It is one of Steve Fallwell's favorites and a frequently requested items. Try it and you'll know why.
- Using a food processor, blend bread crumbs and macadamia nuts.
- In separate bowl, crack eggs and beat.
- Blend milk into eggs.
- Dip each salmon into the flour, coating outside.
- Dip coated salmon filet in the egg-wash mixture, and follow by coating the fillet in the bread-crumb/nut mix.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan and place fillets in pan.
- Saute both sides of fillets, until brown.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and place fillets on an oven-proof pan or sheet tray.
- Finish cooking salmon in the oven for 2-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- To make the sauce: Slowly bring Kahlua to a boil in a pot, being careful not to burn.
- Slowly boil and reduce the liquor by about half.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a low rolling boil again and reduce about half.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Whisk butter into sauce, until melted and thoroughly blended.
- Drizzle sauce over the fish fillets.