1/1 Photo of Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi
Alton Brown's recipe, with some minor tweaks. The coconut milk and macadamias impart a great flavor. Most types of fish would probably work, if you have a substitution in mind. This is good to make when you have a can of coconut milk open already for something else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread or 1/2 tablespoon other regular tub margarine
- cooking spray
- 1 lb mahi mahi
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon light coconut milk or 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Mix nuts, bread crumbs, flour, and tub margarine.
- 3Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay fish on the foil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Bake fish for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with coconut milk, and top with nut mixture. Pat mixture down so that it sticks to the fish. You can fold foil edges around fish to condense toppings.
- 5Bake fish for additional 12-16 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 327.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk