Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Saveur Mag. Simple but TDF!
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 racks of lamb
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- For the reduction: Put the vinegar and honey into a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 30 minutes. Put aside.
- Pulse the nuts, parsley, thyme, honey, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste) in a food processor until it is a coarse meal. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, season the lamb with salt and pepper, and cook, until golden brown - about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Arrange the lamb on a baking sheet, fitted with a rack, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and press the nut mixture firmly onto the lamb to coat completely.
- Roast again for 7 minutes or until the crust is golden. (At 7 minutes the lamb should be medium rare. For medium, cover with foil and roast for 5 minutes more).
- Let the lamb rest (without foil if used) for 10 minutes.
- Carve into 4 portions.
- Meanwhile, rewarm the honeygar redcution gently, and drizzle some on 4 warmed plates, place lamb on top.