I've always loved brittle and when I first tried this recipe I was hooked. I always get rave reviews when I give this away.
My Private Note
pound c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter cookie sheet and large saucepan.
- 2In buttered saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water, mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook until candy thermometer registers 275 (soft-crack stage).
- 5Add butter, vanilla and nuts; cook, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 300 (hard-crack stage).
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add baking soda; mix well.
- 8Stir in coconut.
- 9Quickly pour mixture onto buttered cookie sheet; spread very thinly.
- 10Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 11(After 5 to 10 minutes of cooling, brittle can be stretched thinner with 2 forks.).
- 12Break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia-Coconut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2668.0
- Calories from Fat 1368
- Total Fat 152.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 819.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 346.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 250.4 g
- Protein 13.7 g