Recipe by mommyoffour
I've always loved brittle and when I first tried this recipe I was hooked. I always get rave reviews when I give this away.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter cookie sheet and large saucepan.
- In buttered saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until candy thermometer registers 275 (soft-crack stage).
- Add butter, vanilla and nuts; cook, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 300 (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Quickly pour mixture onto buttered cookie sheet; spread very thinly.
- Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- (After 5 to 10 minutes of cooling, brittle can be stretched thinner with 2 forks.).
- Break into pieces.