Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This was one of the recipes found inside the instruction booklet of my KitchenAid mixer. Who would have known!!
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Place brown sugar, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in mixer bowl. Mix on low for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape sides of bowl. Beat on medium speed for one minute more, then stop and scrape bowl.
- Add 1 cup of flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low for 30 seconds. Gradually add remaining 1 1/4 cups flour while mixing on med to med low speed.
- Add chocolate chunks and nuts and stir until mixed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets about two inches apart. Bake at 325 for 12-13 minutes, or until edges are set. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Cool on baking sheets for one minute then transfer to wire racks.