Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really scrumptious brownie with a gooey middle and a slightly crusty top. If you don't care about calories and want a real treat serve them with a some ice cream and hot chocolate sauce!
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 350 g caster sugar
- 140 g plain flour
- 75 g cocoa
- 100 g macadamia nuts or 100 g pecans, are also nice
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped into rough chunks
- Prehaet oven to 325°F/170°c/Gas 3 and fully foil line and grease a 9inch baking tin.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over very gentle heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until smoth and creamy.
- Stir the mixture into the cooled butter.
- In a large bowl combine sifted flour and cocoa.
- Slowly stir in the egg mix until smooth.
- Add the nuts and chocolate pieces and fold into the dough.
- Pour the dough into your prepared tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and lift the the cake out of its tin using the foil to help.
- Allow to fully cool before removing the foil and cutting it into 16 pieces.
Wow!! These brownies are so delicious. They are really moist and very simple to make. We love chocolate-macadamia, so these were a big hit. Thanks for posting!