Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Every bite of this tropical dessert is sheer delight. 4 hour chill time
Make and share this Macadamia Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 35)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 sliced carambola (star fruit) (optional)
- For crust, in a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers, 1/2 cup coconut, the 1/2 cup nuts, and melted butter or margarine.
- Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheeses with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Add sugar, beating on medium to high speed until well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add whole eggs and egg yolk all at once.
- Beat on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in the 1/3 cups nuts.
- Pour filling into the crust-lined pan.
- Place the pan on a shallow baking pan on the oven rack.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Remove springform pan from baking pan.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Use a small metal spatula to loosen crust from side of pan.
- Cool 30 minutes more.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- If desired, top with several carambola slices.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 1 day ahead, make and bake cheesecake.
- Cool as directed, cover, and chill.
- To serve, top with coconut and carambola slices if desired.