1 hr 20 mins
Every bite of this tropical dessert is sheer delight. 4 hour chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 35)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 sliced carambola (star fruit) (optional)
- 1For crust, in a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers, 1/2 cup coconut, the 1/2 cup nuts, and melted butter or margarine.
- 2Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Set aside.
- 4For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheeses with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- 5Add sugar, beating on medium to high speed until well combined.
- 6Beat in vanilla and lemon juice.
- 7Add whole eggs and egg yolk all at once.
- 8Beat on low speed just until combined.
- 9Stir in the 1/3 cups nuts.
- 10Pour filling into the crust-lined pan.
- 11Place the pan on a shallow baking pan on the oven rack.
- 12Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- 13Remove springform pan from baking pan.
- 14Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- 15Use a small metal spatula to loosen crust from side of pan.
- 16Cool 30 minutes more.
- 17Remove sides of pan.
- 18Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 19Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- 20If desired, top with several carambola slices.
- 21Makes 12 servings.
- 22Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 1 day ahead, make and bake cheesecake.
- 23Cool as directed, cover, and chill.
- 24To serve, top with coconut and carambola slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with pineapple