Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I have adapted this recipe from one I found... everyone loves these, I hope you like them too. This cookie is awesome.
Top Review by Chadley25
This is a fairly adaptable recipe. I used almonds instead of macadamias and almond extract instead of vanilla. (Brazil nuts work well too, and add nice little dark flecks to the cookie.) I also omitted the nutmeg. The cookie dough is very similar to that for peanut butter cookies, and the flavor of the finished product is excellent. I chopped the cranberries before mixing them into the dough; they add a wonderful tanginess to the cookie. You could also make a nice glaze for the cookies with 1 c. powdered sugar and 2 tbls. cranberry juice. Drizzle it over the cookies after they've cooled, and the glaze will add another dimension.
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, process nuts and butter until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine macadamia nuts, butter and sugars.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients. Stir into sugar mixture. Mix in cranberries. Chill 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dip into sugar and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Press each cookie with a fork. Dip fork in water and press cookie again to form crisscross pattern. Bake at 375º for 10 minutes.