Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just tried this recipe from Cooking Light. This is one of my favourite cookies, Yumm. The macadamia butter makes it really rich and delicious. I chilled the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Process nuts in a food processor until it forms a smooth buttery paste (2-3 minutes). Combine macadamia butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir with a whisk. Beat slowly at low speed until just combined (mixture will be very thick).
- Stir in cranberries.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide chilled dough into 30 equal portion, roll into a ball. Press each ball into sugar; place each ball, sugar side up, on baking sheet.
- Gently press each cookie with fork, forming a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Wow! These cookies were really good, especially hot out of the oven! I was looking for a recipe to use up some of the craisins I had on had and this was excellent. They didn't last long in my house though.