Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this incredible recipe from a newspaper ad a while back, and saved it because it sounded amazing! I am sharing this and hope everyone likes it. Please let me know how it comes out! 8)
- sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Form dough into 11-inch round tart pan.
- Evenly form dough around corners/edges (leave 1/4-inch from top of pan).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla; combine well.
- In separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, margarine; stir in the chocolate.
- Combine mixtures well.
- Pour into prepared, chilled tart.
- Cover top of brownie tart with nuts.
- Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and continue baking until nuts and crust are golden—approximately 35 minutes.
- If tart gets *too* brown, cover with aluminum foil for remaining time.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
You are a lifesaver!!! I had made this delicious dessert once, then lost the recipe right before I needed to make it for my sister's shower. This recipe has been a hit each time I've made it. People don't believe it's homemade -- they think it looks too perfect. My only suggestion would be to carefully watch the tart as it bakes. When I reduced the heat, I still needed to pull it out 10 minutes before the recipe said to -- because the nuts were already very browned.