Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is out of a cookbook Janet Christo gave me in one of our swaps. The whole book is all recipes using "Jiffy" mixes.
- 2 (7 ounce) packages banana nut muffin mix (Jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jarchopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F, grease 3- 5 1/2 x 3" loaf pans (small ones) or one 9x5 loaf pan (large) or 12 muffin tins (use liners for tins).
- In small bowl blend eggs, cream cheese, bananas, orange juice, and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, combine Jiffy mix, orange peel, coconut and vanilla pudding, mix.
- Add cream cheese mixture and blend well.
- Fold in macadamia nuts.
- For small loaf bake 35-40 minutes, 60-65 for large, and 20-25 for muffins.
- Yield below is for muffins.
- Time indicated is for large loaf.