Innocent looking like a Toll House, but far more sophisticated and rich! The dough is flavored with Irish Cream and dotted with macadamia nuts, then topped with an Irish Cream Glaze. Chocolate chips or chunks would probably be yummy in place of the nuts. (Recipe from a Land 'O Lakes cookie magazine.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup irish cream (Bailey's)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy; scrape down sides of bowl.
- 3Add the half-and-half, Irish Cream, and vanilla; blend well.
- 4Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually add the flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in the nuts.
- 5Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets; bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 7Meanwhile, make the glaze: stir together the powdered sugar and Irish Cream in a small bowl until smooth; drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia and Irish Cream Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.5
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 68.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: