Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I had this in Maui 8 years ago and fell in love with it. The macadamia nut is mild enough not to over power the fish as Chilean sea bass is very mild. I made some adjustments for proper flavor blending.
- 453.59 g chilean sea bass fillet
- 236.59 ml macadamia nuts (coarsely ground)
- 236.59 ml Ritz cracker (coarsely ground)
- 59.16 ml honey
- 118.29 ml salted butter
- 1 lemon
- Crush macadamia nuts to desired consistency.
- Crush Ritz crackers to same consistency.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add nuts and crackers and honey and mix well.
- Place mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour giving it a stir every 15 minutes (until butter is coagulated and not runny).
- Spread mixture over fillets evenly.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon evenly over fillets.
- Place fillets on baking sheet and broil 3-4 minutes. (until top is lite golden brown).
- Bake 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice remaining 1/2 lemon for garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!