Recipe by auntchelle
These are definitely not the version of Anzacs that the Australian Diggers received in their care packages! This is a lovely version with new, modern flavours. Try them - you won't stop at one. Australian measurements used. (Aust. Women's Weekly)
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped glace ginger (or crystallised ginger)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4). Grease baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter and golden syrup. Place over a low heat and stir until blended and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Combine bicarb soda and boiling water then stir into mixture. Add and combine remaining ingredients.
- Form level tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on oven trays. Space about 5cm apart and flatten slightly. Bake about 15 minutes; until golden. Biscuits will harden upon cooling. Cool on trays.