Recipe by Noo
This is such a simple recipe,and open to change..make them all nut or all choc.Add orange zest or flavoured chocolate...the possibilities are endless. Be warned though...it's impossible to eat just one of these little beauties!!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a wonderful shortbread recipe! I absolutely love dark chocolate and the toasted macadamia nuts just really sealed the deal for us. I will be making these delicious treats again for the holidays. Thank you for the post. Made for Fall PAC, October, 2011.
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup fine semolina
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup roasted macadamias, chopped
- 60 g dark chocolate chips, use the best quality you can
- 300 g unsalted butter, room temp, chopped
- 180 g caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line the base and sides of an 18 x 28 cm baking pan,leaving 3cm hanging over on each side.
- Place the flour,semolina,baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Stir in the nuts and the chocolate.
- Combine butter,sugar and vanilla in a food processor and whiz for 1-2 mins,until the mixture is light and creamy.Stop occasionally to scrape down the side with a spatula.Stir butter mixture into flour mixture until well combined.The dough should be quite thick and awkward to mix.
- Press the dough into the pan and prick it all over with a fork.Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.Bake the shortbread for 30 mins or until firm to the touch.While it's still hot,score in half lengthways and then across at 2cm intervals to make 28 rectangles.
- Cool in the pan for 10 mins,then lift out of the pan and cut into fingers.
- Biscuits keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days -- should they last that long!