Recipe by flyin'cook
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I enjoy making (and eating) quiche Lorraine and I love macaroni and cheese. I decided to take a cue from the traditional recipe, but substitute pepperoni for the bacon for a spicy kick. This was so quick and easy to make. Just mix the ingredients and fill the pie crust. The result was a fluffy, cheesy quiche with just the right amount of spice. You can easily double the recipe, using the whole package of Simply Macaroni and Cheese and feed 8.
- 6 eggs
- 6 green onions
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni (about 20 pieces)
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 frozen ready-to-bake pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and beat well.
- Thinly slice the green onions (white and light green part only) and add them to the eggs.
- Stack the pepperoni slices and slice into very thin strips, then add them to the eggs.
- Stir in half of the package of Simply Macaroni and Cheese (10 ounces). Reserve the remaining macaroni and cheese for another meal or double the rest of the ingredients and make two quiches.
- Stir the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Set the pie crust on a baking sheet and pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake in center of oven for 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.