Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Maca is a very interesting super food and good for so many things in our body. This site gives a good break down of how beneficial it is.: http://www.macaroot.com/benefits/index.html Maca has a slightly bitter taste so it's good to mix it in with stronger tasting ingredients. You can find Maca in most health food stores. I have added various things to my shake. Today I'm having strawberries instead of carob.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used low fat vanilla oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon maca, powder
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- This has a very distinctive and unusual flavor.
- Bon Appetit!
This is great! It takes about 30 seconds to put everything in the blender, then by the time you put away the ingredients, you're ready to enjoy. And enjoy I did! The maca adds a new flavor that I liked a lot. I'll be making this easy treat a lot!