Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This would be a surprise for the kids at Halloween time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef, cooked, drained, and divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Remove and set aside 1/4 cup pizza sauce.
- Combine prepared macaroni, half the ground beef, remaining pizza sauce, garlic powder, egg, and basil.
- Spoon evenly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine remaining meat with the reserved pizza sauce.
- Use to create a jack-o'-lantern face on top of the casserole.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 miutes before serving.
- Serve with salad.
Couldn't be offensive if it tried. Good, basic recipe that everyone ate. Perfect for Halloween...thanks!
Made for a Halloween weekend supper...everyone laughed and then dug in..Enjoyed by all..no left-overs. Thanks for posting a fun and delicious recipe. Made for Halloween and Eggs/Dairy Event in Cooking Photos.
We made this tonight for our Halloween supper. I doubled the recipe except for the ground beef (I actually used ground turkey) and it worked fine. EVERYONE raved!!! Hubby wants it more often! It fit the menu perfectly, it's very tasty and easy to make AND it's filling!