Recipe by KauaiCarolAnn
So simple! So good! I get the Mauna Loa Maui Onion & Garlic flavored mac nuts for a boost of flavor or have added thick slices of onion + garlic cloves then remove before cooking the long beans. Cashews also work very well with a sprinkle of fresh dill as a garnish.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I didn't stop to realise that green beans are not the same as Chinese long beans, so I used green beans ... and cashews, as per you suggestion, because I had them ...... I followed your recipe, and man, these are fabulous!!!!! I will be making this again soon, these were really scrumptious and my only regret was in halving the recipe, I could have eaten LOTS of these!!! Love this recipe, made for PAC Fall 2012
- 1⁄2 lb long beans, Chinese
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, green only sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rough chop mac nuts in pan with olive oil and butter & turn burner on as low as low can go. Leave it there the longer the better, I usually leave for an hour while making the rest of dinner.
- Leave long beans long or cut into smaller bite size pieces. Crank up the heat and add long beans. Do a quick stir fry for 4-5 minutes (or longer if you prefer a more cooked veggie).
- Remove to serving dish. Garnish with green end of green onion sliced on the diagonal. Perhaps another sprinkle of chopped mac nuts, too.