- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked per pkg instrucitons
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped and boiled til soft
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on low in skillet. Add flour, salt, pepper and mix with a whisk. Pour in milk, continue to whisk until slightly thickened and gradually add grated cheese. Whisk until completely melted. Add cauliflower and mix well. Add pasta and stir gently until everything is incorporated. Add salad dressing (Miracle whip works best) and sour cream and stir. Heat thoroughly. Add butter to taste.
- Alternate ingredients can be added such as broccoli, ham chunks, etc.