Recipe by mondster
Deluxe Mac n' Cheese is the base of this yummy and filling casserole. Can also be made without the meat for a vegetarian dish.
Top Review by ally525573
I thought that this was really good.I made it in a 9x13 dish.I left out the broccoli but,i added some corn, garden peas and some black beans to it.I also used two cans of chicken in it.I always have that on hand and it is a easy short cut!I though that it made it taste really good.My mom loved the dish.I only wish that I had room for the broccoli because I bet that would have added some great texture to it.I thought that it was great the way that I had it though.I just love alot of veggies!
- 2 (12 ounce) boxesof kraft Mac n' Cheese Deluxe
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon, crispy
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of cooked broccoli floret
- 1 1⁄2 cups of your favorite shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Completely cook the chicken in the oil. Drain.
- Set aside cooked chicken, broccoli, bacon and shredded cheese.
- Cook the macaroni and cheese as directed on the package.
- Using a wire whisk, beat the milk, eggs and pepper until blended. Set aside.
- Spread half of the macaroni and cheese in a lasagna pan, then cover with half of the shredded cheese.
- Layer in the chicken and broccoli and cover with the rest of the macaroni and cheese.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle on the remainder of the shredded cheese. Top with the italian breadcrumbs and finally the crumbled bacon.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated all the way through. Serve warm.