Recipe by Souxie
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A combination of 2 of my favorite foods, this creamy, cheesy casserole is made with Simply Macaroni & Cheese and layered with chopped spinach. Buttery and cheesy breadcrumbs top this delicious dish and give it an added punch of flavor.
- 2 (20 ounce) packages Simply Macaroni & Cheese, heated as directed on package
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-3 quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Transfer 1 package of the heated Simply Macaroni and Cheese to the bottom of prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Top evenly with spoonfuls of spinach. Cover spinach with 2nd package of macaroni and cheese and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, butter and cheese. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly and crumbs are just starting to brown.