Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe for the ultimate comfort food. Makes a great side or main dish.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese
- 4 cups cooked macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
- Combine milk, flour and black pepper in saucepan. Heat; stir until thickened. Stir in Cheddar and American cheeses. Stir in cooked macaroni. Transfer to casserole dish & bake at 350 until bubbly, or 25-30 minutes.
My kids could live on mac n cheese so I am always looking for good recipes. I followed the recipe exactly as written. We thought it needed more seasonings. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Mac 'n Cheese is a real comfort food in my family. This Mac N' Cheese was easy to make and was nice and thick but was a little bland. It needed some salt added to bring out the cheese flavors. Thanks for posting your recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2008.