Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Vegan mac & cheese from Daiya website.
- 8 ounces pasta, any shape
- 3 cups vegan cheese, daiya style shreds
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 cups soymilk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly when done. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the cheese sauce while oven is warming. In a small pot melt the butter. When melted, add the pepper and nutritional yeast. Stir in the milk product. Add the cheddar, and cook over low/medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Stir in the macaroni and mix together.
- Transfer to an 8x8 casserole dish. Top with the bread crumbs and paprika. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered, or until the cheese is bubbling and top is starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and top with the parmesan just before serving.