Recipe by Elspeth
Best Mac & Cheese ever. Essentially a white sauce with cheese added to it and poured over cooked pasta.
- 8 oz- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 ounces pasta (elbow or otherwise)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- broccoli, chopped (for remaining sauce) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop broccoli and grate cheese.
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Start sauce:.
- Heat milk for 1-2 min on HI in the microwave. Set aside milk.
- Melt butter in glass 4 cup measure for approx 22 seconds.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and wostershire sauce.
- Then, 1/4 cup 1/3 c at a time, stir in milk and microwave on HI for 1 minute or so each time until milk is all used up. Stir each time before adding milk. May have a crust on top, but should stir easily.
- Then add cheese in 2-3 parts and stir.
- Add most of the sauce to the cooked and drained noodles in serving dish.
- Pour the rest over cooked broccoli. Serve hot and enjoy.