Recipe by TSpoon in UT
This recipe was published in Parents magazine October 2007. Although it has few ingredients and is quick to make, I found it surprisingly cheesy and tasty. I've added it to my make-often recipe rotation.
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces small shell pasta
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook until pasta and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Combine milk and flour in a resealable container; shake well to combine. Stir into pasta mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring until cheese melts.