Recipe by CooklauraP
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a tasty and simply cheesy mac and cheese with a zesty bite from Hidden Valley's ranch dressing mix packet.
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (set aside 1tsp.)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 4 slices bacon
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
basil and chive oil
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rough chopped chives (Fresh preferred)
- 1 teaspoon rough chopped basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven Temp: 350.
- Mac & cheese:.
- 1. Bring 4 cups water to a bowl, once water is at a rapid bowl ad noodles. Par cook until noodles are al dente. drain and transfer to a 9x9 glass oven dish.
- 2. In a bowl mix together greek yogurt, milk and ranch dressing mix packet. Set aside.
- 3. In a seprate bowl toss together corn strach and cheddar cheese until cheese is well coated. Once cheese is coated mix it along with in with greek mixture noodles in 9x9 dish.
- Breadcrumb topping:.
- 4. Places saltines in a zip lock bag and crush until you form small crumbs.
- 5. Slice bacon into bacon bite sized pieces. Saute until bacon becomes crisp. Once crisp add saltine crumbs and mix until well coated, lastly sprinkle in 1 tsp hidden valley ranch dressing mix.
- 6. Spread breadcrumbs on top of mac and cheese.
- 7. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes more.
- Basil & chive oil:.
- 8. Place oil, basil and chives in blender and blend 30 to 45 seconds.
- To serve:.
- Plate up mac and cheese, drizzling with basil & chive oil and garnishing with extra chopped chives if desired.