Recipe by susie.freckle.face
These are the ultimate banana muffins that leave you with a sublime satisfied Cheshire smile on your face. The key is to chop the ripe - yet firm bananas instead of schmusshing them. When you bite into one of these buttery muffins you get a rich smooth treat of banana chunks inside the muffin, that combined with the carob malt ball & macadamia nut topping...yummy. You really should use a little Pyrex custard cup and make a bakers dozen so you can have one all to yourself. This recipe started because my roommate Jenny was going to toss out two perfectly wonderful ripe bananas last night - so I said, No! I will make breakfast muffins for all of us! yeh - they loved them.
- 2 cups arrowhead mills baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon minced candied ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof continental plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup wonderslim fat & egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon banana extract
- 2 bananas, chopped into 1/2 pieces
- 7 malted milk balls, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place a small Pyrex dish of water on the bottom rack.
- Prep the muffin cups: butter muffin cups and line the bottom with parchment paper circles and place on a cookie sheet.
- Mix first 6 dry ingredients in bowl 1.
- Mix next 7 wet ingredients in bowl 2.
- Stir chopped bananas into bowl 1.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly taking care to NOT over mix and NOT to mash the bananas.
- Immediately spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon topping mix on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350°F for 33 – 37 minutes.
- Cool in pans a few minutes before turning out onto cooling rack and serving warm.