Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry” This is my American-Hungarian fusion recipe based off my favorite childhood dish chicken paprikash.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt, coarse
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 lb shallot, chopped
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1) Preparation: Peel and chop shallots and set aside (food processor is a great time saver here) Dry chicken breasts with paper towel then cube and salt. Then add 3 cups chicken broth and macaroni to a 2 qt sauce pan boil noodles for 10 mins and let cool.
- 2) While the noodles are boiling get a Medium/Large saute Pan cover the bottom of the pan with bacon and fry for 10 mins moving and turning frequently to prevent sticking (Medium High Heat). When Bacon is crisp remove it from the pan and set it aside. Save the Saute pan with the bacon fat to cook chicken.
- 3) When macaroni is cooled in the 2 qt sauce pan add 1/4 cup flour and Hidden Valley Seasoning packet and stir.
- 4)Place cubed chicken in the saute pan with bacon grease and fry to golden brown moving chicken frequently to brown evenly and to prevent sticking to the pan (about 10mins on Medium High Heat). When Chicken remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- 5) Saute shallots till transulent and ladel in just enough broth to deglaze the pan and get all the yummi pan juices off, using your spatula to gently scrape the bottom of the pan and help it along.
- 6)When Shallots are translucent and pan is deglazed, break up the bacon and add it to the shallots, then add the spinach and saute till it wilts. Next add the Hungarian Paprika, the cayenne pepper, and stir till the seasoning is incorporated.
- 7) When the seasoning is fully incorporated add the final 2 cups of broth and the browned chicken and let it simmer on medium high heat for approximately 10 mins till chicken is done.
- 8) When chicken is tender and cooked through add the 2 qt sauce pan ingredients into the saute pan and mix.
- 9) Turn off the heat on the Saute pan, cool for five mins then add the greek yogurt. Serve immediately.