Lazy Darren's Note:
If you are like me who cant wait for hours to make a chicken broth and I have only my wife and I to feed, this is comfort food to come home to and best for hangovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Again, as mentioned in my other posts, I do not like to waste time due to waiting. I like to be as efficient as I can. So these are the steps.
- 2Boil about 800ml of water. Add about 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- 3Once boiled, throw in the macaroni. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, empty chicken stock into a pot. Add 200 ml of cold water.
- 5Add chicken breast, carrots, onions, corn, garlic and frozen peas and bring to boil.
- 6Instead of adding salt, let the stock boil (medium flame) and reduce to taste.
- 7Once macaroni is done, scoop it out. Turn off the fire and put the broccoli in, or you could sieve out the macaroni and pour the hot water into a bowl with the broccoli pieces. Let it cook slowly.
- 8Remove chicken breast and place it in cold water.
- 9Once cooled, shred the chicken by peeling of the meat with your hands.
- 10Share out the macaroni into 2 bowls and pour the chicken stock over, together with the vegetables.
- 11Add the broccoli and shredded chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac and Chicken Soup Lazy Darren
Serving Size: 1 (1133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 2189.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 70.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: