Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are like me who cant wait for hours to make a chicken broth and I have only my wife and I to feed, this is comfort food to come home to and best for hangovers.
- 2 (300 ml) cans Swanson chicken broth
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 pieces frozen corn, pre-sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 150 g skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups macaroni
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 200 ml cold water
- Again, as mentioned in my other posts, I do not like to waste time due to waiting. I like to be as efficient as I can. So these are the steps.
- Boil about 800ml of water. Add about 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- Once boiled, throw in the macaroni. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty chicken stock into a pot. Add 200 ml of cold water.
- Add chicken breast, carrots, onions, corn, garlic and frozen peas and bring to boil.
- Instead of adding salt, let the stock boil (medium flame) and reduce to taste.
- Once macaroni is done, scoop it out. Turn off the fire and put the broccoli in, or you could sieve out the macaroni and pour the hot water into a bowl with the broccoli pieces. Let it cook slowly.
- Remove chicken breast and place it in cold water.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken by peeling of the meat with your hands.
- Share out the macaroni into 2 bowls and pour the chicken stock over, together with the vegetables.
- Add the broccoli and shredded chicken.